Kids Get Arthritis Too!

Kids Get Arthritis Too!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Going to School with Juvenile Arthritis

           Juvenile Arthritis is very rough any anybody that has whiter it be Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA) or if it is Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA), going to school if often very tiring and hard to get through the  day when your dealing with this disease, but thankfully I have found some things that have been able to help me get through the school day and I'm excited to share them with you!
           For me when I first started going to school after getting my diagnosis of my arthritis I found that I often had a very hard time being comfortable in school and then completing my homework when I got home because I was so sore and tired. Now and first I didn't know what to do so I just kept my suffering to myself because I didn't want to be a pain, but eventually my mother noticed and she helped me set up a time where I could go to the nurse and just lay down for a couple of minutes whether it was 5 or 20 was up to me, but it is always available for me to go there. I highly recommend this it has helped me so much and it is crazy to believe what just ten minutes of rest can do!
   
          I think the thing that I found the most difficult next was the fact that since I was sore and I was so miserable before I started taking breaks I was often angry and grumpy at everybody. I realized that people stopped wanting to be around me, now I don't know if this is a problem for everybody but all I can suggest is to embrace the people around you and surround yourself with the people that you want to be around and the people that will support you and if you do that you will truly be happy.

Comment any questions! I will answer them in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment