Kids Get Arthritis Too!

Kids Get Arthritis Too!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

1st Christmas with Arthritis!

I was deciding that I was going to make my Christmas list tonight to give everybody an idea of what I wanted for Christmas so that they might have time to go out before hand and buy Christmas gifts, you know like on Black Friday. Well I sat down, and I realized how much I just anted things that would help me, I didn't want toys like I did when I was 8, as I am know 14 years old, but it wasn't that that got me tripped up cause when it came down to it I have just been wanting really nice clothes, and a couple of other things like electronics or movie passes not toys. What really got me going was the I realized that almost everything that I had on my Christmas list were things that in one way or another would help me feel less pain, or help me get my homework done quicker to minimize the pain I was feeling.

 I mean it was really consistent like I realized that I wanted to heat tech clothes or whatever they are called because when it comes down to it where I live up in New York it is cold 8 months out of the year and so far my joints have been hurting like you wouldn't believe. Is this the same for everybody? but anyways I figured those would help me stay warm.

Since we are talking about trying to stay warm in the cold weather to make ourselves feel less pain I also realized that I wanted one of those heated electric blankets for my bed again to help me stay warm. Now my parents have on of these on their beds, and I have to tell you IT IS AMAZING!!!!! I am constantly in their bed when they aren't sleeping with the heat on. In fact I am in their bed right now typing this, so I figured that as a must and put in on my list. I really hope that I get one of those because they honestly help me feel so much better if I were you I would ask for one for Christmas or get one for somebody else for Christmas, it doesn't even matter if they have arthritis really everybody will love one of these heated electric blankets I can promise you that.

Now the next two things that I realized I wanted wouldn't make me feel better directly, but they would make me feel better in the long run. The first think I wanted was a Microsoft Surface. Now I know you are probably wondering how this could make me feel better in the long run. Well right now the battery on our laptop is broken so it always has to be plugged in to work and I have to sit at this desk on a hard chair to use it so it makes me sore, so having this would allow me to move and type somewhere else so that I don't have to sit at that desk and get sore. Also this has feature that allow me to have a word document and Google open and the same time and type and read the document at the same time so I could lessen the amount of time that I spent working on research papers.

The last thing that I want for Christmas besides so nice new cloths and other silly little things is a software like Dragon so that I can do a speech to text process in order to type up my papers faster in again order to lessen the amount of time that I spend on assignment resulting in me being less sore.

Now I am not complaining about what I want for Christmas I just am trying to say how I find it funny how something that up until 3 months ago I didn't even know about is know such a big part of my day to day life!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how arthritis changes your life in such unexpected ways! Good luck in your struggle with arthritis. May you rise to meet the challenge with strength and grace!

    ReplyDelete